Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
4 posts
2,539 visits

Need help getting kids back from abusive wife, need money to get back on feet

kglinux started this conversation

My name is Kevin Gunderman. I have a bachelor's degree in journalism, have worked as a reporter and freelancer for major metropolitian newspapers and as a consultant for major corporations for many years. I have one published novel, two others that are finished (all spiritual fiction) and other fiction and non-fiction pieces I am going to be working on once I get a new laptop, including my life story, which people are urging me to write. However, I married a woman who was physically, emotionally, financially and verbally abusive. She has mental illnesses, but refused to get help during most of the 20 years we were together. She beat me down so bad that I had to stop working full time in 2001. I haven't had a full time job since. Last year, we lost absolutely everything we had, became separated and are in the process of divorce. She and our three younger children live in a shelter in Chicago. I lacked the money and the confidence to fight her for custody of our children.

I moved to Seattle on the promise of a job and to be with a wonderful woman. The job fell through and work has been sporadic at best. I became homeless because my fiancee had to move in with her daughter, who does not like me. We are trying to work together to get back on our feet, but she had been in an abusive relationship also and is trying to get herself back together.

I need money for such things as appropriate work atire, prescription glasses and to be able to afford a couple of months rent in someplace where I can shower, eat and store my belongings. Imagine trying to go on professional interviews carrying everything you own because you can't leave it at the shelter.

My children are desperate to leave the clutches of their controlling, abusive mother, and it brings me to tears daily knowing what they are going throught. I know if I can get my career back on track, I can save them and perhaps even get my wife the help she needs (I am not a hateful person and still would not want her to suffer).

My checking account is overdrawn, I am waiting for tax refund and injured spouse money to come back to me (another 8-12 weeks for as much as $7,000 totoal).

I am just in desperate shape and in need of temporary help, even a loan of some sort would be a godsend.

Please contact me via email at or voicemail at 425-336-4318 if you can help.

God bless.


Kevin Gunderman








Click here to add your comment...

Since I do not live in your area, I can not make suggestions for help. However you might check into a agency that helps people recovering from Domestic Violence. Many of these places have mens support groups. Made up of other men such as your self. I know it is hard for men to admit when domestic abuse happens. I know this from personal experience. My son was in a abusive relationship for 4 years,and I had a feeling but when I asked him he said no. Sometimes these groups can help with some of the things you need. Good Luck and God Bless. Blondie

Talk to blondebess